Because of your generosity we provided over 7,100 showers in 2022
- $50 provides 1 new hoodie and a pair of jeans for one of our houseless guests.
- $100 provides bottled water for one week for our guests.
- $200 provides bio-degradable body wipes to keep our houseless guests clean in-between showers.
- $825 pays for all costs to run one site one day a week.
- $3300 pays for all costs to run one site for one month!
Be a Good Neighbor – Donate every month automatically by choosing the Monthly option on the form.
- The $20 Good Neighbor monthly giving program provides bottled water at one site one day a week!
- The $50 Good Neighbor monthly giving program subsidizes the job of one of our site staff for one day!
- The $100 Good Neighbor monthly giving program provides 3% of the funding to properly operate one site for one year!
- The $300 Good Neighbor monthly giving program pays our hardworking shower team one day a month!
Dear friend and neighbor,
Because of the kindness and generosity of thoughtful people like you, Showers of Blessing Santa Barbara has been able to provide compassionate services for the most vulnerable and fragile individuals in our community.
Our extraordinary staff and dedicated volunteers have been offering showers and kindness one day at a time for over six years, creating a safe and welcoming environment for each guest.
What does it actually cost Showers of Blessing in a year to provide one site for our houseless guests? $40,000.00. Multiply that by five sites and it costs $200,000.00 a year. This cost includes showers’ staff, soap, sanitizers, toiletries, underwear, socks, bottles of water, vehicle maintenance, and fuel but does not include administrative salaries.
Your financial support helped 796 unduplicated guests receive a hot shower in 2022. Some took only one shower. Others took 70 or 80. All were deeply thankful for the chance to get clean in a dignified and loving environment.
Showers of Blessing is completely donor supported and therefore relies on contributions from thoughtful and compassionate people like you who foster the mission of providing comfort, respect, dignity, and guidance for our houseless guests.
Your continued financial assistance extends loving hands to the most vulnerable members in the Santa Barbara community.
Thank you for whatever you can give!
John Tamiazzo, Executive Director
Sally Hamilton, Board President (2021)
Donations to Showers of Blessing are tax deductible. SHoB is a 501(c)3 – Tax ID #85-4194019.
We also accept donations by mail:
Showers of Blessing
P.O. Box 1135, Goleta, CA 93116
Donate Your Time!
Do you have a passion to do something to help those experiencing homelessness?
Why is this ministry needed?
At a base level, we humans need some amenities to feel like valuable people. One of those needs is to be clean and to have clean clothing. At Showers of Blessing our goal is to provide our guests both the clean clothing and the chance to get themselves clean. In doing so, we hope to help them gain the stability to get employment and housing.
Personal hygiene items, undergarments, socks and clothing are vital to our guests. You can help fulfill our guests’ needs. Contact us to donate items.